|If you can't get an answer from a federal agency in a timely fashion, or if you feel you have been treated unfairly, my office may be able to help resolve a problem or get you the information you need. While we cannot guarantee you a favorable outcome, we will do our best to help you receive a fair and timely response to your problem.
Casework Frequently Asked Questions
Examples of issues our office can assist with:
If you are unsure if your issue qualifies as a case, please contact our office.
- Visa and Citizenship Requests
- Expedition of Passports
- Social Security
- Veteran's Benefits
- IRS Assistance
- Small Business Administration
- Consumer Complaints
There are two options for starting a case with our office:
Option 1: Download and Mail or Fax a Privacy Release Form
Please include all pertinent information and claim numbers in your privacy release form—such as:
Mail/Fax instructions are located on the Privacy Release Form.
- Your Social Security number for a case involving Social Security;
- VA claim number for a case with Department of Veterans Affairs;
- Taxpayer identification number (Social Security number, if individual) for an Internal Revenue Service problem, etc.;
- Your address, home phone number and daytime phone number (if different than home) so that we can obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary;
- Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved;
Option 2: Complete Privacy Release Form Online
This form will complete a printable privacy release form. When complete, please print, sign, and mail or fax to our office.
In keeping with the restrictions of the Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a), I hereby authorize Congressman Jim Bridenstine and/or his representative to request information from any Federal agency or department in attempting to answer my inquiry. I understand this authorization may include correspondence in written, telephonic, voicemail, facsimile, e-mail or other forms –including medical records or other documents or matters relative to my case – to Congressman Jim Bridenstine and/or his representative.
We must have your signature to proceed with this type of request.
Privacy Release Digital Authorization Form
*Indicates information that you need to provide. Fax number and mailing address will be provided to you when you submit the form.